Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clear specific field with javascript

Hi,

I want to clear a specific field when a button is clicked in my extension. The button is a simple input type = button with an id = 'canceldata' where I can catch actions by using:

$("#canceldata").click(function() {

var doc = Qv.Document;

console.log(doc);

});

This works, but I want a function that takes a field name (For example clearField("Year")) as parameter and clears that field of any values selected. Is there such a function? I have scouted the JS API but with no luck.

JsDoc Reference - Qv.Document

Thanks.

Mikael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Solved this by having a "on update" variable trigger that clears the field if the variable is updated. I update the variable in my javascript by:

var doc = Qv.GetCurrentDocument();

doc.SetVariable("checkRRG", 1);

Not the best way but it works for now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have you tried to use the inbuilt action-functionalities of clearing a field? Further if you be able to select any values you could clear the field with the search-string = null().

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Markus,

That is what I am after, a way of calling for example the QV actions of for example a button from javascript. I have an extension object that is shown with hide/show condition when the user selects a value from the field "ReportRowGroup". When the user clicks on the input button within my extension object I want to call the clear function for that field.

When I try to call functions like Qv.Document.Object.Data.ClearAllButThis()  the console says that it's not a function.

I know I can always solve the problem by adding a QV object with an action that clears the selection but its not as good looking as I want

Not applicable
Author

Solved this by having a "on update" variable trigger that clears the field if the variable is updated. I update the variable in my javascript by:

var doc = Qv.GetCurrentDocument();

doc.SetVariable("checkRRG", 1);

Not the best way but it works for now.

marcus_sommer

I haven't enough experience with this to help you further. Maybe you could look for another extensions which are using similar stuff to adapt it to your solution. Good luck.

- Marcus