Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension Object : Javascript error

Hi All,

I am creating an extension object in QlikView 11 to refresh the web page. I am using the following code -

Qva.AddDocumentExtension('QlikView/Examples/Refresh', function () {

function ReloadPage(){

location.reload();

};

$(document).ready(function() {

setTimeout("ReloadPage()", 10000);

});

});

However I am getting error - "Unable to get value of the property 'prototype': object is null or undefined".

Can anyone tell me how to fix this error ?

Thanks,

Samir Prasadi

5 Replies
alex_nerush
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

try to change following line

setTimeout("ReloadPage()", 10000);

to

setTimeout(ReloadPage, 10000);

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The setTimeout function is now getting called but it is refreshing the page ignoring the "timeout" value of 10000. The refresh rate is approximately 2-3 seconds and page is getting refreshed indefinitely (not once). Any ideas why it is working in this manner and the possible workaround ?

Thanks,

Samir.

alex_nerush
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Because when you call ReloadPage your extension's javascript code called each time the page is getting refreshed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Samir,

I had the same error you had but with the Hello World extension : "Unable to get value of the property 'prototype': object is null or undefined"

I managed to get rid of it by naming the folder containing the js and xml the same way it is in Definition.xml under the "Path" attribute.

Maybe it's a little bit too late for you (the post is one year old) but since this is the only link the search engines return when you type the error associated with "QlikView" I hope this will help beginners to build their first extensions.

Not applicable
Author

I was getting the same error while using D3 library. I was able to fix that by adding these 2 lines at the top of Properties.qvpp file

<!DOCTYPE html>

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />