Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Map Extension with Overlay

Hi All,
I am trying to find a way to display a map with a custom image overlay.  I was wondering if anyone knows of an extension that would support this functionality?  I have tried to play with Google Map - Cluster extension but I haven't been able to get it work with a transparent .png file overlay.  I would love to hear if any of you brilliant lot have been able to get something like this to work?

Cheers!

Rick

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rick,

How should the overlay work, should it move with map as you pan or should it stay fix to the window?

Thanks,

Patric Nordström

Idevio

Not applicable
Author

Hi Patric,

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  I am needing it to move with the map.  This is the .png overlay that needs to be

placed on top of the Google Maps - Cluster map.  I know there has to be some small (hopefully) tweak to the .js file for the extension that will allow me to point it to this png?  Am I wrong?MMM_Overlay.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rick, what's the source of the map? It might be possible to integrate directly using an api .

Is it some sort of land classification?

However the cluster extension you refer to may not powerful enough.

Thanks,

Patric

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I suspect but could be wrong, that you might be better working with a KML file and the Quickmap extension

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69780

It might be a pain to get the png to a shapefile but probably more interactive in the longer run?