cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Cluster

Google Maps Extension with Cluster support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Introduction

This is a QlikView extension object that integrates Google Maps Javascript API V3 and a third party library called MarkerClusterPlus into QlikView.

Load a set a coordinates into QlikView and visualize them together with this extension. The clustering feature is create when you have alot of data points and needs to group/cluster them together for greater visability and performance.

The maxzoom property defines at what zoom level you want your markers clustered. The grid size property controls how big or small cluster grid size you want.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

Download the extension and view source code at: https://github.com/mindspank/GoogleMaps-Cluster-QV11

cluster.PNG

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

2015-02-15
Removed download from post, please grab the latest version from Github instead.

2014-02-03

Various fixes.

2014-01-09

There has been numerous upgrades to the extension.

Now clusters now display the value of your expression and with added support to include more information in pop-up labels.

Example grayscale styled map included.

Possibility to show only a single cluster icon style if you do not want it to scale according to the number of markers in the cluster.

2013-06-17

Added custom marker support. Now you can specify a url for an custom marker. Accepts all major image file types.

350 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

There should be a checkbox in the properties that says something like, single cluster style. Uncheck that.
If you enable Single Cluster style then the clusters will always be the yellow clusters and the value in the cluster will be your expression.

Without the single cluster style then it should group your data into automatic ranges.

Not applicable

Hi Alex

Thanks a mil for your quick response. i did however do this prior to replying to this thread.

If i do this all my colors are gone... Please see below screenshot. Im running QV11 SR9 64Bit

Again - thanks in advance.

Maps 2.JPG

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Hmm strange, try getting rid of your expression in the Customer Marker Url.

However I should parse that and ignore it if the result does not contain .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .bmp

Perhaps you have some proxy that is intercepting your traffic?
The images the extension tries to load is hosted here http://google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/markerclusterer/images/m1.png

Not applicable

Hi Alex

Thanks! Was the proxy stuff!!!

Have a great day.

Btw good job on this extension! Which i could do this.

Thanks

Jandre

mattheomx
Contributor
Contributor

I can't get custom marker url to work and I can't find documentation about it on github. For other google maps extension created by we are using this format: ='URL\image.png' but it does not work for this extension. I tried using different format but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,

This is a great extension. Thank you for all of your efforts in developing it. I had the extension working for a few days but now when I run the extension in web view and set my latitude and longitude I get this script error. I am running Qlikview 11.29.12742.0 SR10 64 bit. In IE I'm running 10.0.9200.17267CO. I am running QV11 of your cluster map extension. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!ScriptError.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Alexander

thanks for creating Google marker and cluster files it works .

1) Can you please clarify that, if use these extension objects in production servers any license compliance needs to be cleared.

2)Any changes that we need to do on code, if deploy on Server.

Regards

Basu

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,

I have been using your extension with success during 3 year, many thanks!!

But yesterday when I have to set the extension within another computer, QVW pops up a

"Invalid Archive.

In total 0 files in 0 directories were installed"

I have QVW 11.2 SR8.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Best,

BQ.

Not applicable

Hi Borja,

Have you installed the cluster extension on the computer that you're having trouble with? It looks like QlikView can't find the files to run the extension.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I wonder how could insert two different markers , ie , one for employees and one for the place where they work, two different markers.

Thanks.

Regards.