Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Heatmap

Google Maps Extension with Heatmap support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Big thanks to pablolabbe‌ for contributing to the project.

Download

mindspank/GoogleMaps-Heatmap-QV11 · GitHub

Introduction

A new addition to the Google Maps family. This extensions will take your data points and produce a heatmap on top of a Google Map.

A good tool easily spot areas with higher intensity of data points. There is no selection support for this extension has there is no markers available at the moment.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

heatmap.PNG

2013-12-14

Finally tracked down the errors when you tried to pass in faulty data.

Less DOM-calls.

2013-06-04

Added a check that QV passes valid data points to Google. If you are passing an invalid data point it will log it to the console in your browser.

Also enabled weighted data points. Now the weight if your data point in the heatmap will correspond to your expression value. If you want equal weight between the points, e.g the original heatmap where the number of data points determined your heat level, set a arbitrary value of =1

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

109 Replies
Not applicable

Im having problem with heatmap. I was trying to modify your cluster extension to work like heatmap for quite a while now, but without any success. When this extension and example got out, I was hoping that i would find out what mistakes I've made. But this extension dosen't work for me at all, even on your example. It doesn't even load the map.

Cluster extension works great. I work on QlikView 10.

Thank you for your time.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

I have not tried it on QV10 but most likely you have not set up your chart properties correctly. Your dimensions should be latitude and longitude and your expression can be just =1 for testing purposes.

If you upgrade to QV11 you will get the benefits of better properties dialogs in extensions.

Jesús_Centeno
Employee
Employee

Alexander,

I downloaded the QVW and the QAR file. I deployed the QAR file for Desktop and Server usage accordingly but when I try opening the QVW, I do not get the app to display the map in Web View (using Desktop). Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Jesus

bruno_martins_l
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

I have a problem with this chart and the chart Cluster too : When I put the dimensions (lat/long) and the expression of my calcul, I have messages box like this :

Message de la page Web.jpgMessage de la page Web_2.jpgErreur de script.jpg

Can you help me please ?

Kind regards,

Bruno

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

You will get the stack overflow 22 error when you add the extensions since it will load something that is not an valid dimension.

So hit F5 and it should work. I just tried it on a collegues computer. Installed the extension and added it to a new app. Worked out of the box with QV11 SR1 installed.

Not applicable

I am not able to open this App can any one suggest Y ?

xtrimf
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Tried it on Windows Server 2008 - I can see the map but no Heat Layers:

Untitled.png

Not applicable

Hi Karlsson,

It is very nice application, i would like to implement the same in lmy organization, Could you help us out, how to create a extension object with same example.

Regards,

Ravi.

Not applicable

Same for me too, Google Map is shown but no heat layers.

Desktop client, Version 11.00.11282.0 SR1