Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hadoop's hive (H-base)?

Interested in knowing if users of QlikView have/are used/using H-Base as their data source from on-premise or cloud?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Ricardo,

please take a look at my new tutorial: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2457

Cheers!

Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

17 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Ricardo,

we are trying to figure out right now how to connect Hadoop with our new JDBC Connector:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2438

-Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. After downloading the dll (presumably a 64-bit environ) and having only Windows XP at 32-bit (although QV Server runs on a 64-bit environ) I attempted to register the dll via command prompt regsvr.exe name.dll and its reply was "jdbcconnector_x64.dll is not an executable file and no registrationhelper is registered for this file type." Would there be specific directives on how to deploy the aforementioned dll? Thank you in advance. -Ricardo

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. After downloading the dll (presumably a 64-bit environ) and having only Windows XP at 32-bit (although QV Server runs on a 64-bit environ) I attempted to register the dll via command prompt regsvr.exe name.dll and its reply was "jdbcconnector_x64.dll is not an executable file and no registrationhelper is registered for this file type." Would there be specific directives on how to deploy the aforementioned dll? Thank you in advance. -Ricardo

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Ricardo,

this dll is for Windows 64 bit environment. I will see if we can make 32 bit one next week. In the meantime you could try to use it on your 64 bit QVS. You do not need to register the dll via regsvr.exe, just copy it into the QV program folder.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the advice, and the news about a possible 32-bit dll. I have asked two other colleagues to conduct some testing on this. Best, Ricardo

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I made some testings with Hive 0.7.1 JDBC driver but still get connection refused error.

Also tried with Squirrel...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf. Never give up! However, in the interest of the future use of QlikView –at least from my perspective in the company I work with—accessing this data source will be a key component since it would open a rich information source –internally. Do you know whether QlikTech is actively working in making this connector a reality or is your work independent from them?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Ricardo, I totally agree.

It would be a major step to connect to Hive or HBase to retrieve Hadoop data! Also to connect other NoSQL databases, we are figuring out at the moment.

Btw, we've developed this JDBC Connector intependently in our company with some efforts. It saves us several hours loading time per day on a QV 9 environment.

We hope to turn this into a commercial product soon. But, we still waiting to get some support from QlikTech. There are open issues in custom datasources API documentation..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Custom Connect to Hive is done with our JDBC Connector. I had to collect all jars and build a special setting for Hive 0.7.1 JDBC. Now we have to fix some issues in the DLL. Then I will prepare an example, soon.

Astrato.io Head of R&D