Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help setting up Google Maps in Qlikview

I have referred to post Steps for beginners to implement Google Maps in Qlikview but the files in there have not been helpful for me. I followed each step in the word document but continue to get errors when trying to reload data. Also customer_info file does not match what is in the directions. The error I get when reloading is:

The download failed

Data:

LOAD

'' as FirstName,

'' as LastName,

'' as ProductSold,

'Maastricht' as Address,

subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,1) AS longitude,

subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,2) AS latitude

FROM [http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=Maastricht&output=xml&oe=utf8&sensor=false&key=XXYYZZ] (XmlSimple, Table is [kml])

I really am not great when it comes to code/programming, and I was hoping the directions would be as straightforward as the reviews make them seem. has there been a change to the google maps API, or the files I am loading, which are causing problems with setting up the Google Maps Extension?

Any help/further documentation would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

I am getting the same problem that christoper was getting earlier. i tried the url provided by you but still its not working.

Please help on this.

Regards,

Ratan

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Christopher Celi, didn´t answered me. Maybe this  Google Map Disappeared! or Changes in Google Maps API? can help you

Not applicable
Author

I found Geoqlik to be very easy to get startet with. Just activate webview and you are almost there, it guides you through via a wizard.

Only problem is that with the trial version you cannot save the analytics you do.

On the other hand I read that google maps is not free anymore?