Qlik Community

QlikView Extensions

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Extensions.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Help setting up Google Maps in Qlikview

I have referred to post Steps for beginners to implement Google Maps in Qlikview but the files in there have not been helpful for me. I followed each step in the word document but continue to get errors when trying to reload data. Also customer_info file does not match what is in the directions. The error I get when reloading is:

The download failed

Data:

LOAD

'' as FirstName,

'' as LastName,

'' as ProductSold,

'Maastricht' as Address,

subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,1) AS longitude,

subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,2) AS latitude

FROM [http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=Maastricht&output=xml&oe=utf8&sensor=false&key=XXYYZZ] (XmlSimple, Table is [kml])

I really am not great when it comes to code/programming, and I was hoping the directions would be as straightforward as the reviews make them seem. has there been a change to the google maps API, or the files I am loading, which are causing problems with setting up the Google Maps Extension?

Any help/further documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Help setting up Google Maps in Qlikview

Not applicable

Hi Clever,

I am getting the same problem that christoper was getting earlier. i tried the url provided by you but still its not working.

Please help on this.

Regards,

Ratan

Employee
Employee

Christopher Celi, didn´t answered me. Maybe this  Google Map Disappeared! or Changes in Google Maps API? can help you

Not applicable

I found Geoqlik to be very easy to get startet with. Just activate webview and you are almost there, it guides you through via a wizard.

Only problem is that with the trial version you cannot save the analytics you do.

On the other hand I read that google maps is not free anymore?