Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fwsuperhero
Contributor
Contributor

How to change and save variables on server?

Hello,
I need some help here .
It is my first experience with Extension objects, EXD etc...

Situation

• i´ve got application that is reloaded every morning by server.
  • There is button inside the app that sets some variables
  • Morning reload (loading script) and so QVD generation has to be influenced by this variables.

My problem:

• If user clicks on button in his browser it wont change the variable in the source online document. So the server reload wont be influenced! But i need variable to stay saved when it is changed by some user.
    (If you change the variable in Qlikview desktop client and resave the document, variables are saved on server but our users wont have the desktop client, so this is not the solution).

Possible solutions i though about by reading other topics:

• A: Javascript extension object as button -> send command to the server -> there will be some C# / VB script that will write the variables into some text file there <- Document will read from this file during the reload
  • B: Javascript extension object as button -> send command to the server -> there will be some C# / VB script that will modifies the variables as arguments in the EXD reloading task .bat file and Microsoft Server scheduler will run this EXD .bat file every morning.

My questions:

• What solution is better?
  • Do you know about any better solution?
  • Can you give me some good place where to start?
    Ive got no problem with creating Javascript extension object but i don´t know how to program server side (to edit a file)

THANK YOU!

1 Reply
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation

does anyone has a solution?