Qlik Community

QlikView Extensions

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Extensions.

Highlighted
lmcarter
New Contributor II

How to export the filter selections (and not the data) into excel from Qlikview

Hi Qlik community 🙂

I want to export the values of the filters selected within a dashboard into excel (.csv format)

Example:

I have a dataset with the following variables

• Country 
  • City
  • Language

A user applies the following filters to the dashboard: Gender (Male), Age (25-35), country (South Africa)

I want to create a button that exports an excel file that looks like this (Filters that have not been applied still need to appear in the file with a blank value):

GenderAgeCountryCityLanguage
Male25-35South Africa  
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: How to export the filter selections (and not the data) into excel from Qlikview

Hi!

What a funny problem! It can easily done with macros but I thought that a straight table is quite more understandable... or so I hope, expresions got complicated! Please, find the attached file.

Bests,

Jaime

2 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: How to export the filter selections (and not the data) into excel from Qlikview

Hi!

What a funny problem! It can easily done with macros but I thought that a straight table is quite more understandable... or so I hope, expresions got complicated! Please, find the attached file.

Bests,

Jaime

lmcarter
New Contributor II

Thanks for such a speedy response! 

It works perfectly, thank you