Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Idevio Map does not automatically zoom into the appropriate country

Hi

I have developed an app with an embeded Idevio Map of the UK. The app runs successfully for a number of users and zooms to the UK when the app is opened or the data refreshed. However, one of my users is having problems - the map object shows the middle of the sea and you have to drag the map or highlight the UK to zoom in on the UK. This user has had their laptop profile rebuilt and has re-installed their desktop version of QlikView. The version of QlikView they have downloaded (version 11.20.11716.0 SR1) is different to the other users.

Has anyone else experienced this problem / does anyone have a solution?

With thanks

K

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Kathryn,

This is likely because Java is not installed on the user's laptop.  IdevioMaps uses Java to render the maps locally on the user's laptop.  If Java is not available, the map is streamed as an image from Idevio's servers.  I have seen that this can occasionally cause a rendering issue when the map is opened initially, causing the map focus to be in the wrong place.

My advice would be to install Java on the user's laptop in the first instance and see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies
brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Kathryn,

This is likely because Java is not installed on the user's laptop.  IdevioMaps uses Java to render the maps locally on the user's laptop.  If Java is not available, the map is streamed as an image from Idevio's servers.  I have seen that this can occasionally cause a rendering issue when the map is opened initially, causing the map focus to be in the wrong place.

My advice would be to install Java on the user's laptop in the first instance and see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Brian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian

Thank you – I will investigate this although I think Java is a standard part of our build.

Thanks

Kathryn

Kathryn Brown

brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Kathryn,

It's also worth noting that If QlikView 64-bit is used, you need to make sure that Java 64-bit is installed and working in IE 64-bit.

Regards,

Brian