Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berndjaegle
Creator II
Creator II

Indentify App where Extension used

Hi guys,

how can I identify which app is using an extension?

The extension doesn't exist on on the server. QlikViewServer is throwing many Errors in the EventLog.  The extension is the CenterDiv extension. I couldn't find it anywhere to download either. 

Please help.

Thanx,

Bernd

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should be using our logs, not the Windows logs, just FYI.  Here is a link to a whitepaper we just did recently that has quite a bit of information regarding the QlikView services and logs etc.:

QlikView Services and logs 

It covers a lot of information and should be useful, but by default you will find the QVS logs here:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

You can also check the QMC\System\Setup\QlikView Server resource and the Logging tab settings to confirm location there too.  You want to check the Event log, the message there should indicate which QVW file is making the call I believe, but I cannot remember for certain.  Shout back if you do not see things, if you can attach one of the log files, I can have a look to see if I can sort out which one it is.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should be using our logs, not the Windows logs, just FYI.  Here is a link to a whitepaper we just did recently that has quite a bit of information regarding the QlikView services and logs etc.:

QlikView Services and logs 

It covers a lot of information and should be useful, but by default you will find the QVS logs here:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

You can also check the QMC\System\Setup\QlikView Server resource and the Logging tab settings to confirm location there too.  You want to check the Event log, the message there should indicate which QVW file is making the call I believe, but I cannot remember for certain.  Shout back if you do not see things, if you can attach one of the log files, I can have a look to see if I can sort out which one it is.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
berndjaegle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Brett_Bleess. This helped me to identify the root cause. The app itself was not mentioned but I have seen the which user has logged on, and then traced which App the user has access to.