Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Install extension on Qlikview Server

Hello everyone,

I want to create maps so I have decided to install 2 extensions : Google Maps Cluster and QlikMap.

I have installed them locally but I don't manage to install them on server.

However, I have followed this steps :

- Copy the QLikmap and Google Maps cluster folders  in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

- Paste them on the server in : C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

But yet, when I go to Access Point, open an application and click on "New object" > Extensions , there is nothing   and of course I cannot see the maps that are supposed to be in the application.

Is there anything that I am missing ?? Am I supposed to reload the application on server before ?

Thank you for your help

Have a good day

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Check if "allow extensions" is checked from QMC. Should be somewhere around System--> QlikView Server.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Serhan.

It is ckecked..

I should also say that the access point is on another server than the qv server. Perhaps I should do something on the webserver (where there is the access point) as well ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I don't think there is anything on web server to do.

Play around with other options in Server where you checked Allow Extensions. Just an idea.

Otherwise I think you may open a case.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Laura,

under C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects folder, in its subfolder should be QVPE.dat file. Copy it on the server as well and see what is result after that (basically, you should copy entire subfolder structure of \QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects to the server)

Regards,

Kruno