Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

New QlikView Mapping Extensions on QlikMarket

EDIT: These extensions are no longer maintained on QlikMarket since that is not an appropriate place for free and unsupported extensions.  I've modified the links below to point to the github repositories where I now keep them.  Also, since they're now hosted on github, feel free to make contributions to the code.

Hi everyone,

The demand for mapping in QlikView seems to be a hot topic these days, so I’ve put together two extensions that are now available on QlikMarket bearing the QlikView name.

The first one is an extension which uses SVG images to connect to the data and color and shade the regions in that image:

brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11 · GitHub

Similar to this map of US Counties:

svg.png

There’s no geospatial connection here (long/lat points can’t be plotted, etc.), but it should prove useful for a lot of simple needs and uses for visualization of a geographical entity.  It comes prepackaged with 35 or so maps of countries, etc. and also offers the ability to load in your own custom SVGs for things like floor plans, seating charts, etc.

The second extension is a simple geospatial mapping extension similar to the Google Maps and various other extensions you might have seen in community:

brianwmunz/QuickMap-QV11 · GitHub

This extension simply takes geographic data (longitude/latitude points) from QlikView and draws it over a map.  It supports the drawing of dots, lines, or polygon shapes.  For example:

gis.png

This doesn’t offer near the capabilities of a server based geospatial mapping solution like ESRI, GeoQlik, Idevio, etc. simply because it’s not server side, but it should be helpful for less heavy and complex mapping needs.

Anyway, I hear a lot about need for mapping so I thought I’d let everyone know.

154 Replies
Not applicable

I am attempting to use this new extension but when I select the US Map I get an Internet Explorer Script Error, with the error Object doesn't support this property or method and displays the URL http://qlikview/QvAjaxZfc/QvsViewClient.aspx?public=only&name=Extensions/svgMap/script.js any idea what the problem might be?

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

What version of IE and QlikView do you have installed? Had you set up any properties yet?

Not applicable

I am using IE 8, and I have Qlikview 11. I have not set up any properties yet.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

I’m wondering if whatever default properties are being populated for the extension are causing it to crash. Try setting the first property to your states dimension at least and see if that helps.

Not applicable

Yeah that didnt work either

Anonymous
Not applicable

i just downloaded the SVGMap.. and everytime i try to open the QVW... i get the below error...

I have QV10SR4 and IE7

Can anybody assist me in resolving this issue..

error_screen.JPG

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Aadil,

Yes, there was a bug with this extension working with QV 10. I’ve fixed it and have submitted the updated extension to QlikMarket. I’ll let you know when it’s up so you can download from there.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Brian.

Not applicable

Any ideas of how to get this to work I am pretty excited to include it in a new tool that I am building for my team.