Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SVG Reader: Unable to select Region Dimenion

I have downloaded the SVG reader extension (brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11 · GitHub). The sample files of Sweden and USA work fine, and I can change any options from the chart properties.

However when I create a new workbook and add an SVG object plus some dummy data, the background maps work fine but I am unable to choose a 'Region ID' as the option is simply greyed out (see screenshot). If I click the gears icon to the right of the Region ID field, the Dimension field is also greyed out and unusable. All other fields are

To rule out the data being the problem, I tried extracting the sample data from the working examples and loading this, and also tried also some inline loads but I get the same issue in all cases.

I'm probably missing something obvious here - any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Make sure you have the most recent version of QlikView installed.

Also make sure you have a good amount of fields in your data model. I have seen this behaviour in extensions when a data model only contained 4-5 fields.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Make sure you have the most recent version of QlikView installed.

Also make sure you have a good amount of fields in your data model. I have seen this behaviour in extensions when a data model only contained 4-5 fields.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response, I eventually came to a similar conclusion too. It turned out that if I added the chart object before loading my data then it would not recognise the fields, but if I add the chart after it will recognise them. So the solution was simply to delete and recreate the chart after loading my data.