Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Set Analysis

Hi!

We got function like this for drop selection in specific field:

Sum of Sales and ignore specific selections for Customer Country and Policy Status:-

SUM( {$<[Customer Country] = , [Policy Status] = >} Sales )

But how can we reverse this logic and define what fields should be used for calculation? Or we can ask: How we can break association model in QlikView by Set Analysis?

My situation

I got application with 20 and more selectable fields. For one of the expressions I need to make sum() using selections from 3 field. Let their names be Year, Day, Month. Of course we should have possibility for making multiply selection in every field. I probably could use this example:

Sum( {$ <Year = {$(=only(Year) – 1)}> } Sales

But it would show me smth if I make selection of 1 year in field Year.

I want to get smth like this:

SUM( {@<Year = , Day = , Month = >} Sales )

Where operator @ make reverse logic.

I just cant get simple expression. I can write LONG expression like this:

SUM( {$<Param1 = , Param2 = , Param3 = , Param4 = , Param5 = , Param6 = , Param7 = , Param8 = , Param9 = , Param10 = , Param11 = , Param12 = , Param13 = , Param14 = , Param15 = , Param16 = , Param17 = >} Sales )

It solve my problem, but it's not simple as it can be.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

This sounds like a perfect use case either for the P() modifier or simply use alternate states.

In the attached example I have used alternate states, they are created from the document properties.

The data model is then separated into more then the usual 1 and $ states and you can cross reference fields between the different states.

In the example app you will see that the text object will only re-calculate when you select something in the Dim1 listbox. It's a bit crude as examples goes but I think you get the general gist behind it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marchoctober
Creator
Creator

Hi! Just try your imaginations with that: Set Analysis Wizard for QlikView | qlikblog.at

Moreover, describe with more density your task, as it connected to different solutions. Drop here a user experience work.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

This sounds like a perfect use case either for the P() modifier or simply use alternate states.

In the attached example I have used alternate states, they are created from the document properties.

The data model is then separated into more then the usual 1 and $ states and you can cross reference fields between the different states.

In the example app you will see that the text object will only re-calculate when you select something in the Dim1 listbox. It's a bit crude as examples goes but I think you get the general gist behind it.

stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

You got it! The answer is in using operator p() or State modifier in doc.