Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikelees80
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to export to Excel using Access Point

Hi

My company is having issues with certain users not being able to export to excel via the Access Point. You pick on the export to excel button but nothing happens ( no errors just nothing)

We are using Qlikview version 11.2 and IE10 and excel 2013

Any ideas is it something to do with the plugin?, I've also seen some threads talking about Protected views and trusted sites.

Hope my Qlikview community friends can help me

Regards

Mike

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Yes, the protected mode could be a reason. Also the disabling from certain/all ActiveX or javascript settings could cause such things. By using the the ajax-client might be a popup-blocker the reason.

I would check the settings from a working user with them from a not working user and also give the ajax-client a try.

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Do they have a popup blocker active?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
mikelees80
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for you reply Marcus

I got it to work by unticking the Enable Protected Mode in Local Intranet however when I reboot my PC it turns the setting back on via group policy, also one of my colleagues has this ticked and it works for them.

Is there anything else you can think regarding the setting in IE10?

Its very strange!!

marcus_sommer

It sounds that you have found the reason and if your settings are reset with each system-start per group policy you should ask your IT to adjust these settings. Are they don't cooperative you could consider to use a batch-file within your autostart-folder which changed these registry-entry to avoid to do it every day manually - I think if you queried google you will find help and examples to these topic.

- Marcus