Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Values on data points - how to have fewer values on data points

Hi, QV

I have one problem that I don't know he solution.

I am seeing if you can figure it out.

I have a line chart with a lot of values.

I want to see our progress in many periods.

I want to have value on data points.

But my problem is that when I select values on data points in the expression I get all the data points.

I only want couple of my data points have value.

How can I control which data points I can show in the chart.

E.g. only show the first and the last data point.

Any ideas?

regards Darri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sample is attached. Used 'Show Value' expression Mod(RowNo(), 2) to show the alternative data points.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I doubt, whether this restriction is possible

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Add a second expression sourced from the first, but that only establishes itself for the dates you want.  For example:

Sales = sum(Sales)
DisplaySales = if(Date=max(total Date),TotalSales)

Only display data values on the second expression.  Maybe I'm missing an easier way, though, as I don't see the "Show Value" on a line chart.  Maybe I'm just missing something,   You might be able to refer to max(total Date) in that field, or max(Date).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sample is attached. Used 'Show Value' expression Mod(RowNo(), 2) to show the alternative data points.

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, tresesco

thanks for respond.

This is what I was looking for.

How can I use this for many lines.

This formula works for one line but not when I have many lines

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you click the + sign next to the expression on Properties | Expressions, you will see an option called show value. This can contain a conditional function to turn the display on or off at specific points.

First uncheck "Values on Data Points"

Then add an expression to "Show Value", for example: =if(Mod(RowNo(TOTAL), 5) = 0, 1, 0)

t1.png

t2.png

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tresesco
MVP
MVP

It's not about single line-multi lines. It's about getting the calculation right. In your app, rowno() is not flat as it has multiple dimensions. Using Total, you could handle that. However, here is another way. try expression like: Mod(right(YrPer,2),2)

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

I had a similar requirement today and I was able to make it work with Dual function. You need to create new expressions for the data points you want to show. If you want to show data points of E2 expression on E1 expression line then After E1 expression create E2 with value Dual(E2, E1) and check Invisible and Line and 'values on data points). This will show E2 values as data points on E1. This will work with many expressions also.