Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petgr138
Partner - Contributor III

Which javascript version is supported by extension objects?

Hi,

The title of this question says it all. I just want to know what version of javascript is supported by QlikView 11

Best regards

Petter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

So that is a hard question to answer.
If you are deploying your apps with the AJAX client it's up to the browser the user is using.

For Desktop it also depends on your browser I believe, it will use some IE components BUT it should also grab the javascript VM of your default browser.

For example the user agent string of Desktop will report IE7 BUT alert(Array.prototype.map) will alert native code that shipped in IE9 so...

So QlikView does not ship with a version of javascript, it depends on your browser.

We do however have a supported list of browsers QlikView support but that does not correlate exclusively to javascript.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

So that is a hard question to answer.
If you are deploying your apps with the AJAX client it's up to the browser the user is using.

For Desktop it also depends on your browser I believe, it will use some IE components BUT it should also grab the javascript VM of your default browser.

For example the user agent string of Desktop will report IE7 BUT alert(Array.prototype.map) will alert native code that shipped in IE9 so...

So QlikView does not ship with a version of javascript, it depends on your browser.

We do however have a supported list of browsers QlikView support but that does not correlate exclusively to javascript.

petgr138
Author

Thanks for the answer!