Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

just need a little help getting started!

Dear All,

I am just getting started with extensions and have worked through the codeacademy js tutorials and also the excellent extension tutorial by bahduong‌ on the Qlikfix

I'm now trying to create my first visualisation using D3 but I am obviously missing something. I've been using the template files but this one I have stripped right back to try and get it working.

The qar includes the extension, a qvw which just has the extension in and also index.htm where I am checking that the code works.

At the moment the extension just comes up blank (no errors), I'm sure its something very obvious but I can't spot it!

Running it through the console I get this following error and it tells me it is in the D3 script which I am guessing is not correct

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Ah god, a day to find:

var template_path = Qva.Remote + "?public=only&name=Extensions/05a Really Basic Chart";

should have been:

var template_path = Qva.Remote + "?public=only&name=Extensions/05a Really Basic Chart/";

I love learning new code.....

View solution in original post

3 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

anyone?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Ok so randomly I loaded up this example which is similar to what I am attempting

https://github.com/wallyflops/d3Graph/blob/master/d3Bar.qar

I put an this object in my qvw and my extension also came to life, so guessing it is the way I am loading D3, back to check my code

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Ah god, a day to find:

var template_path = Qva.Remote + "?public=only&name=Extensions/05a Really Basic Chart";

should have been:

var template_path = Qva.Remote + "?public=only&name=Extensions/05a Really Basic Chart/";

I love learning new code.....