Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Governance Dashboard Publisher timestamp issue

Just when we thought we resolved the issue with having to manually set the Publisher datetime format (in v 1.x)...

Unfortunately, it appears that certain Publisher (QDS) timestamp formats are not being properly read by the Governance Dashboard 2.0.

How can I tell if I'm having this issue?

If you are pointing to Publisher log files in the Configuration page of the Governance Dashboard and you see the following in your app, you know you are affected by this:

1. The Publisher page shows task information but no Start and End time and no duration
  2. The Scan Details page shows a Tasks count > 0 but a Task Reload Entries = 0

publisher no task reloads.png

What is causing this issue?

Certain timestamps in the publisher reload logs are not properly read by the load script of the Governance Dashboard 2.0.

More details: Publisher (aka QlikView Distribution Service, QDS) uses local settings to set the timestamp format in its task reload logs. When the timestamp format is not YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss or MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss PM, you will have issues.

What should I do?

Contact Qlik Support for the workaround, which involves a small update to the load script to fit your Publisher timestamp settings.

Please be prepared to share a TaskExecutionHistory...xml file from the QlikViewPublisher\TaskExecutionHistory folder.

You can reference bug QV-6082 as well.

Thanks!

Tyler

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Tyler.

On our server the reload heatmap is not showing publisher data correctly. for instance it only shows activity for 10 oct, 10 nov and 10 dec. In qmc I can see tasks running on other days. I believe it is a date format issue.

from TaskExcutionHistory_.xml:  "StartTimeStamp="15/09/2016 4:24:05 PM"

fyi - qmc task history makes sense

please advise how to change governance load script to correctly report publisher data.

thanks

Ross

Not applicable

I found this helpful -now resolved

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/227710

thanks Ali Azizi

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Update for SR5 of Governance Dashboard

With updated load script, here are the instructions to address the timestamp issue:

Updating the Publisher timestamp format in the QlikView Governance Dashboard:
1) Check the timestamp format for a TaskExecutionHistory xml file from the %QVLogFolder%\QDS\TaskExecutionHistory folder.
2) Open the load script of the Governance Dashboard.
3) On the “Main” tab of load script, change the following TimestampFormat variable to match the format found in step 1.

SET TimestampFormat = 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss';

If you have timestamps which look like ’07-04-1776 12:15:38’, then your format = DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss and the variable should look like:

SET TimestampFormat = 'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss';