Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto export QV charts into power point through windows task scheduler

Hi Guys,

I need help on the issue below, hope that somebody can help on this.

My customer purchased QV server 10 license which already implemented but without the publisher license. Through the QMC, we're able to schedule the reload document base on weekly basis. However, they also request to have auto export charts into power point on weekly basis as well. we've have constructed the macro inside the file to export to power point with the use of variable in OnOpen trigger from Document Properties. besides that, we've generate a batch file to pass the correct variable value into the QV file with the script below:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\Qv.exe" /vVAutoSchedule=1 E:\FOLDER\QV.qvw.

we setup a windows task scheduler in windows server 2008 to run the batch file base on weekly basis. the task executed successfully with the option "Run only when user is logged on". but when choose the 2nd option "Run whether user is logged on or not", the qv.exe & ppt.exe show up in task manager but both the files invisible on screen. the auto export function will only print screen the related chart / table into the power point template when visible on screen. Hopefully can get some feedback from you guys that encountered the same problem like me and give solution if possible. thanks.

1 Reply
Andrea_Ghirardello

See the other discussion

http://community.qlik.com/thread/90782