Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

'Cannot parse data in selected response type'-error when trying to connect to Google Analytics using the REST Connector in QlikView

I have tried to connect QlikView to Google Analytics using the REST Connector several times but can't get the data from GA. I initially used the Google Analytics Reporting API v4, but I have also tried this with the older version 3 with the same outcome. I followed the documentation found here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_QV_help/Content/1.0/Create-REST-con...

I'm trying to get unique pageviews, pageviews, exit rate and bounce rate as the metrics and country, city and pagepath as dimensions. The date range in the test connection was the last 30 days. There is also a filter by pagepath matching a specific substring.

At first all seems to work fine and testing the connection comes back with a success status. When I then try to select the data it auto-detects it as CSV which is incorrect as it should be JSON. If I then change it in JSON it comes up with an error message that states that it cannot parse the response. As it does state that the connector supports JSON, I'm not sure what the problem here is.

I have attached some screenshots, too.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Runa,

I am also facing the same error.

Did you get the solution for this error.

Thanks,

Sourabh

Demlet
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have the same issue as well.

. Any luck finding a solution?