Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Deploy App with OCX

I created a Windows App that uses the QlikOCX control to open a QlikView document and extract the script. It works fine on my laptop, but when I install the app on our server, I get an error: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

I registered the QlikOCX.ocx file using Regsvr32.exe, with no success.

My laptop on which I developed the app is a 32 bit machine, while our server is a 64 bit machine. Could this be the issue?

Can anyone shed some light, please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The QlikOCX component is a 32 bits software. If you are not targeting a specific platform (x86 or x64), a x64 machine will execute your application in a 64 bits process and will try to load the x64 version of your component. Target x86 instead to force the application to use the 32 bits component.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

this could be the issue. there is a seperate ocx for qv64, but on my last research the qv10 64bit installer, installed a non working ocx 9.0 component.

Not applicable
Author

The QlikOCX component is a 32 bits software. If you are not targeting a specific platform (x86 or x64), a x64 machine will execute your application in a 64 bits process and will try to load the x64 version of your component. Target x86 instead to force the application to use the 32 bits component.