Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I add result of GetTicket.aspx to qvp sent to OCX OpenDocument

WIthout a ticket the OCX will open a password dialogbox when the following is passed to the OpenDocument

qvp://<user>@<host>/<filename>

I am trying to avoid the password dialog box but first getting a ticket for <user> from <host> using GetTicket.aspx.

Once I have the ticket string, how to I add it to the qvp string passed to OpenDocument?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If I
1) Convert QVServer to using DMS authorization
2) Use QVEMC to manually add an authorized name (no windows account needed for this name) for a qvw, e.g. Frank
3) Request a ticket for Frank using as credentials a name/pswd for a windows account that exists on the machine hosting GetTicket.aspx

Then I am able to pass the folloiwng qvp to file open in the OCX
   qvp://<host>/<file>?ticket

i.e. CTE+DMS ==>> qvp+ticket ==>> open qvw in OCX

I could not find anything in the QVServer Ref manual that says only DMS authorization is supported for CTE.

Is this the case?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Getting a ticket can be done as described in GetTicket using C#

Not applicable
Author

If I
1) Convert QVServer to using DMS authorization
2) Use QVEMC to manually add an authorized name (no windows account needed for this name) for a qvw, e.g. Frank
3) Request a ticket for Frank using as credentials a name/pswd for a windows account that exists on the machine hosting GetTicket.aspx

Then I am able to pass the folloiwng qvp to file open in the OCX
   qvp://<host>/<file>?ticket

i.e. CTE+DMS ==>> qvp+ticket ==>> open qvw in OCX

I could not find anything in the QVServer Ref manual that says only DMS authorization is supported for CTE.

Is this the case?