Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to "open in server" and specify user / password?

Hello,

When I open a QlikView document with VBS, I use the following script:

Set myApp = CreateObject("QlikTech.QlikView")

Set myDoc = myApp.OpenDoc("c:\my_folder\my_file.qvw")

If I want to open a document on a QlikView server, I replace the filename by:

"qvp:\\user@myserver\folder\my_file.qvw"

If I do that, I have a popup that asks me the password for "user". This is normal.

I'ld like to find a way to not be in front of my screen to type the password, to automate this script.

I tried:

"qvp:\\user:password@myserver\folder\my_file.qvw"

but unfortunatly, it doesn't work (it asks me to type the password for the user "user:password").

Could you tell me how I can connect to a QlikView server with a user (that is not on the same domain) and it's password?

I have the same issue with OCX.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I think isn't possible, because, according to online help, there isn't any password parameter in the connection pseudo-url

Connection pseudo-URLs:

When connecting to QlikView Server from Windows clients, either via the Open in Server dialog or via link files, a pseudo-URL is used as document address.

The syntax is:

qvp://[[username][@]]hostname[:port|;protocol]/docname

where:

username is a Windows user ID. The parameter is optional.

hostname is the name of the host. The parameter is obligatory.

documentname is the name of the QlikView document (excluding qvw extension). The parameter is optional.

port (e.g. 4749) can be used for specifying a specific port used by the server

protocol (e.g. http) can be used for specifying a tunneling protocol. The parameter is optional.

@ without username denotes anonymous identity.

If user identity is omitted altogether, the logged in Windows identity is assumed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I think isn't possible, because, according to online help, there isn't any password parameter in the connection pseudo-url

Connection pseudo-URLs:

When connecting to QlikView Server from Windows clients, either via the Open in Server dialog or via link files, a pseudo-URL is used as document address.

The syntax is:

qvp://[[username][@]]hostname[:port|;protocol]/docname

where:

username is a Windows user ID. The parameter is optional.

hostname is the name of the host. The parameter is obligatory.

documentname is the name of the QlikView document (excluding qvw extension). The parameter is optional.

port (e.g. 4749) can be used for specifying a specific port used by the server

protocol (e.g. http) can be used for specifying a tunneling protocol. The parameter is optional.

@ without username denotes anonymous identity.

If user identity is omitted altogether, the logged in Windows identity is assumed.

Not applicable

Can you use OpenDocEx?

I use it to pass in username and password when I want to open a QV doc without my user seeing the prompt. That said, I have only dealt with QV desktop, as my app is a desktop only app, and it embeds QV that function as a desktop only version (interaction is done via the OCX interface).

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

The problem is, "OpenDocEx" allows to specify user / password for "section access", not to autheticate on the server.

Not applicable

Hi Nicolas,

I have the same problem... Did you find a solution ?

Thanks

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

No solution.

"Works As Designed"

I wrote an "idea":

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/3384

but there is near-to-zero chance it'll be implemented, even if it seems to be easy to add...