Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to re-create an application from the -prj folder ?

Hi,

I'm trying to set up our dev infrastructure for QlikView projects, and we want to to use git as our (d)vcs.

For that, I want to use the -prj feature of QlikView.

I have created a sample application (test1.qvw), then a test1-prj folder alongside the app. Saved the app, and prj forlder is populated with flats files. So far so good.

Now I want to re-create my app out of the flat files:

• rename test1.qvw to test1-back.qvw
  • create a new app in QlikView (Ctrl+N)
  • don't do anything but save it under test1.qvw, alongside the test1-prj folder
  • close the new empty app
  • re-open it, and.......

.... nothing ! The app is not restore out of the prj folder.

I must be missing some obvious point, but I can't get what... Any tips ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

In your 3rd step, you are saving the empty document and that is clearing the -prj folder. So, amended process:

• rename the new app as test1.qvw (from Windows, not Save-As), alongside the test1-prj folder
  • open the new app

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

It seems good. Just make sure that while closing the newly created qvw, it is not saved again (it has to be saved once while giving the name)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

In your 3rd step, you are saving the empty document and that is clearing the -prj folder. So, amended process:

• rename the new app as test1.qvw (from Windows, not Save-As), alongside the test1-prj folder
  • open the new app

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi,

Save-As works at my end.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I got it working, thanks. I now understand my error: when creating the new app, I must not save it under the same name, as it will wipe the existing prj folder.

So I can either create the new app as 'temp.qvw' then rename it under Windows Explorer. Or, even quicker, directly create the new empty app with the right name from Windows Explorer.

So my working process is:

• create a new test1.qvw file from Windows explorer (Ctrl+N)
  • open the new app

Thanks for your answer.