Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving the QV OCX object on Windows Form hangs Visual Studio

I have noticed that after I pull the OCX object to Windows Form in Visual Studio 2010 and try to move it whole Visual Studio hangs for a minute. Resizing the object works but moving causes a stall.

This happens with Visual Studio 2008 on same machine, and Visual Studio 2010 on different machine. Tried with both OCX versions 11 and 10, 32 and 64 bit ocx files. Both machines have Windows 7 64 bit installed. Is that something that's expected?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you have a fully-functional OCX, i.e. can you compile and get the OCX to work? We found that we that when we first drag the OCX from the toolbox to the form, we had to manually create the wrapper dlls using command line AxImp.

I am using Vs Studio 2010, OCX 10. I have to compile in Debug/x86 mode before I try to open the form in Design Mode. I have no problems dragging the OCX around the form in Design mode.

Did you by chance mean to be moving the OCX while running your application?

Not applicable
Author

I can compile the project and run the app with OCX in. This happens before running, when in VS design mode.  I forgot to mention that this happens after I set the DocName and I see the image of QV report on windows form. QV file itself is fairly small (< 1MB). I'm not familiar with the AxImpt. Might it help?

I don't see a problem of ommiting the docname and adding it in later dynamicly.

Not applicable
Author

I do not have a document specified in design mode ... just the blank OCX with the QV logo in the upper left.

I assume you also have the license applied.