Qlik Community

QlikView Integration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Integration.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
craig_wild
New Contributor

Qlikview 11 .NET API - List documents accessible to a given user

Hi all

I'm fairly new to Qlikview, but I have been given a problem to solve.  We use multiple BI platforms in our organisation, including Qlikview, and we have a .NET web application which provides a single point where our internal clients can go to access all their BI reporting.  I have been asked to integrate Qlikview into this app, and I need to retrieve a list of which Qlikview reports a given user is able to access, from the Qlikview server (preferably online rather than a database lookup).  I can do this for Cognos & Actuate, but i'm struggling to find the correct API calls to do this for Qlikview.  Essentially, i need to do what AccessPoint does, but in .NET so I can return a list of links from my function.  Can anyone provide any suggestions, or code samples?

So far, I have the ability to retrieve a list of all documents (user and source) from QV, but the list must be relevant for the user accessing my Web-App and therefore needs to take into account all security options i.e.  Section Access, Active Directory etc. 

Hope this makes sense - apologies in advance if it's a little vague.

Craig

Tags (2)
Community Browser