Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlayerTech
Contributor
Contributor

R.ScriptEval() function not working in Qlikview

Hi, 

I am trying to integrate R in Qlikview.

I successfully established the connection between SSE to Rserve (gRPC listening on port 50051).

Also, I Updated the Settings.ini file with SSEPlugin=R, localhost : 50051

But I cannot run the function R.ScriptEval() (example function) in my Qlikview Desktop. 

it throws an error (Error in expression: R.SCRIPTEVAL is not a valid funciton).

I am not sure what I am missing here. 

Any sort of advice regarding my issue would be really helpful.

Thank you

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

According to your screenshot, you appear to have some extra spaces in your settings.ini. There should be no spaces.

SSEPlugin=R, localhost:50051

SlayerTech
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Rwunderlich,

Thanks for looking into my issue. I tried with changing the code as you suggested (removed the spaces) but it still doesn't work. 
Is there any other process I am missing while integrating the Plugin other than SSEtoRserve and changing the Settings.ini file?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other thing I have is the following link on the Education site:

https://qcc.qlik.com/course/view.php?id=811&_ga=2.228248413.1561454298.1561376990-1643229452.1560172...

Look under the Advanced Analytics section, a couple of those courses walk you through the R integration and what can be done with it etc.  Hopefully that may help you figure out what you are missing here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.