Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Updating an Oracle Database based on a Qlikview Alert

Hi,

I have a Qlikview alert that tells us whether or not a days manufacturing quality met the specified requirements - this is basically a % quality score.

If it falls below a certain benchmark an alert is raised and emails fired telling the recipient to log a root cause investigation in our Process Failure System.

In addition to sending this email is it at all possible to automate the logging of the investigation by using the alert and feeding this as a parameter that an Oracle procedure could then use to create the logging of the investigation?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Darrell

2 Replies
Not applicable

Darrell,

is this alert fired just after reload?

If you can sending emails, some way to resolve your needs may be to send email to your database to make update

I'am sure it is possible for database or any other external application to react on email and trigger some action in DB.

Other way may be to run macro in QV and from this macro do some external actions on your database or some service.

regards

Darek

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for responding Darek, yes this alert is fired once a day after reload.  I'll investigate both of your suggestions.

Cheers