Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hirenjadiya
Partner - Contributor III

Windows Authentication Popup while accessing Qlikview

Hi,

We are using qlikview document, which is integrated into a JAVA Portal. So we are having 2 main servers over here -

1. Portal Server

2. Qlikview Server (Where the .qvw document is deployed)

Further, to inform that the single sign on is implemented using webticket.

Now, generally when user login on Portal, he/she can able to access the Qlikview document. However, sometime the user gets Windows Authentication Popup. (5/100 times)

Image 3.png

On investigating the same we found that there is some issue with Cookies/Session. Please find the snapshot below. These snap-shots are taken from Client PC -

Cookie Snap-shot for Portal Server

Image 1.png

Cookie Snap-shot for Qlikview Server

Image 2.png

When we delete the incorrect cookie (marked in RED) the user wont get the Authentication Popup. However, when the incorrect cookie is not deleted and the user logs out and logs in again the Authentication Pop-up comes up.

I am not sure but what I believe is the incorrect cookie is set by calling QvAJAXZfc service (deployed on IIS on QlikView Server) from JAVA Portal.

Questions:

1. How can I avoid creation of incorrect cookie, OR

2. Is there any settings that I have to make on QEMC Server.

13 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I too have similar issue but differnt context..  To solve my issue , I thought of restricting the accesspoint login screebn, but to do so, I want to know that,  " how to know if user has access to particular .qvw file on qlikview server using webticket?"

As of now, I am using below url to open any report/document(.qvw file)..

http://<Server>/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx?type=html&webticket=<webticket>&try=http://<Server>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=sample.qvw&host=<Host>@<Server>

All this, I am doing in Java based web application.

In nutshell, I want to know upfront that, if user has access to particular document using webticket before displaying the report.

Your ehlp is highly appreciable and indeed required for me.

Thanks,

Not applicable

Ramesh,

When using web tickets you are using DMS.  You control access to QlikView applications through the QlikView Management Console.  You set named access on QlikView applications by setting up a directory service connection (DSC) containing the userids and groups for the host application you are using to authenticate before requesting the web ticket for authorization.

Please watch this webinar: Video Link : 1840

For an example of how to configure an ODBC directory service connection and the format for the tables/views for QlikView to read go here: Dropbox - QVConfigODBCDSP

jg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can you post the answer again actually the label name not appearing here, tags in which between i want to keep the <trustedipp> address

regards,

narasimha

hirenjadiya
Author

Hi Narasimha,

Go through the below link, its around 1 hour webinar. I think its worth watching.

QVInPractice1_Authorization.mp4 - Google Drive

You can find the same link in Jeffrey Correct Answer

Regards,

Hiren Jadiya