Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Another Google Maps Extension

UPDATE 2013-03-23

It's great to see the support from the community around mapping! This thread has been great to follow and lots of fun contributions has been added.

It has however become quite crowded with different versions being discussed and it's hard to find any useful information anymore.

So I have decided to kill off this thread and at the same time I have updated the extensions and split them into 3 parts with each extension having it's own thread.

Hopefully this will make it a bit easier to find information, ask questions and share new implementions of the extension between each other.

Google Maps - Cluster

http://community.qlik.com/message/325640

Google Maps - Marker

http://community.qlik.com/message/325641

Google Maps - Heatmap (New!)

http://community.qlik.com/message/325642

If there is interest for a more collaborative development let me know and I will host the extensions up on Git.

Message was edited by: Alexander Karlsson

154 Replies
Not applicable

Hello,

Can u please help me with this error?

I created a QVW, than a I saved and opened it again.

When I open the web view this error window appear.

I don't know what is it!

ERRO.JPG.jpg

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Don't post in this thread, check the first post in this thread and post in the corresponding new thread to the extension you are having issues with.

Not applicable

ok!

I've done.

Sorry.

Not applicable

Hi!

I can't asses if your extensions are the right tool to achieve the visualisation I want, and that is:

representing a country with google maps. On top of the map scatter chart is implemented which shows required information. Your extensions work only in "Web Mode". We already have implemented a map using scatter chart - this works as well in "Edit Mode" as in "Web Mode". Problem with our current implementation is - users cannot zoom-in/out the map, but have to use mouse and select the area they want to analyse. They also cannot navigate the maps - move the map in desired direction... That is the lack of the our current implementaton. The problem I see with extension is to define different colors for different measure values, which is done easily with scatter chart.

Therefore, I have following questions:

1) Is it possible to implement the described functionality with your extensions?

2) If yes, I would appreciate you to explain me how.

(Every tutorial I have found online in regard to this theme seems to be outdated, and use references to data and scripts that do not exist or have been modified. Can anyone send me an updated step-by-step tutorial - we are using QV11 SR6)

Thanks!

Not applicable

Thank you Alexander!

Very useful extension

Regards,

David

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,

Thank you  for sharing 'Google Maps Extension with Cluster support'.
I am new to QlikView, Please I need your guidance on getting your Map Extention working on server.

The map is working fine on my desktop ( QlikView Desktop on Server ) But when open report in Access Point the map object is not showing.When I select AJAX -(Full Browser) the object does NOT show at all, when you select IE Plugin the object it comes up as Bar chart.

Server Info:
QlikView Version -11.0.11 SR2 - 64 bit
windows 2008 R2 Enterprise(64 bit)
IE-9

Extensions are copied to the server at
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\GoogleMaps - Cluster

System -> QlikView Servers -> Your QVS(s) -> Security -> Make sure "Allow Extensions" IS checked
Full Browser Version where AJAX is enabled
can access to maps.google.com on IE on server

AM I missing any configuration - server setting etc.
Please your help would be much appreciated.

ManyThanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

The IE plugin does not support extensions.

Kind Regards

Alexander Karlsson

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for getting back.

When I select AJAX -(Full Browser), the Map object does NOT show at all on Access Point. Google map & pins does not load at all. also there are no error msg.
Is any QlikView Server settings I am missing?? Please suggest if any specific network or internet access or user access is required.

The QlikView Server has access to internet, Also Qlikview user account on server has access to internet.

Your guidance & help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Have a look at http://www.qlikblog.at/1597/qliktip-40-installingdeploying-qlikview-extensions/ to get some information on how to deploy extensions to your server.

You will also need to enable extensions in QMC. You don't need to expose your server to the internet.

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for getting back.

Yes, Extensions is enabled in QMS. Thanks for the link, I have already been thru the link and followed all the steps

But I am afraid, am still struggling to get map working on AccessPoint.

I am staring at blank. Should you get any more info/clue on this then Please share.

Thanks your comments.

Kindregards