Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jelena
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Can I use a production license to new test environment?

Hello everyone,

I need to create a test environment for QlikView. Does anyone know, can I use the licenses that I have for Prod or I have to buy another license?

Thank you for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You couldn't use the licence twice - they will disable each other. For a regular use you will need to buy a test-licence. For a short-term use of a few weeks, for example to upgrade the release or to migrate to another server/environment or similar you could ask your Qlik partner to get a temporary licence.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You couldn't use the licence twice - they will disable each other. For a regular use you will need to buy a test-licence. For a short-term use of a few weeks, for example to upgrade the release or to migrate to another server/environment or similar you could ask your Qlik partner to get a temporary licence.

- Marcus

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

For "traditional" licenses, that would be what @marcus_sommer just said.

But there is a new type of license called "Qlik Unified license" that can be applied to several Qlik Environment.

You should check with your Qlik Sales representative if you need to convert your license to a unified license (Additional cost may apply) 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/August2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Depl...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@jelena

Even with the AMP/Unified License you only get as many QVS licenses as you had when you switch to AMP/Unified License license. But you can share the user licenses between the systems.

Unless this has changed recently. Please correct me if I'm wrong @Damien_Villaret

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

@Maria_Halley  I believe you're correct.

The number of QVS nodes set in the license (QV_NODES) would be the total number of QVS services running in all environment the unified license has been applied on.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
jelena
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you all a lot for the quick answers!