cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Heatmap

Google Maps Extension with Heatmap support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Big thanks to pablolabbe‌ for contributing to the project.

Download

mindspank/GoogleMaps-Heatmap-QV11 · GitHub

Introduction

A new addition to the Google Maps family. This extensions will take your data points and produce a heatmap on top of a Google Map.

A good tool easily spot areas with higher intensity of data points. There is no selection support for this extension has there is no markers available at the moment.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

heatmap.PNG

2013-12-14

Finally tracked down the errors when you tried to pass in faulty data.

Less DOM-calls.

2013-06-04

Added a check that QV passes valid data points to Google. If you are passing an invalid data point it will log it to the console in your browser.

Also enabled weighted data points. Now the weight if your data point in the heatmap will correspond to your expression value. If you want equal weight between the points, e.g the original heatmap where the number of data points determined your heat level, set a arbitrary value of =1

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

109 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Ye it's actualy very subtle. I was kinda surprised to be honest. According to the Google Maps documentation a normal data point has a value of 1 so a expression that evaluates to 3 should be the same as having 3 data points. Iäm not really seeing it though...

Anyhow, I added aditional checks again for the data as I just realised the data is coming in as strings so checking for empty fields in the latest upload also.

Not applicable

I second Aaron's comment. Thanks so much!!

Not applicable

Thanks all for revitalising this thread with me!

Especially Alexander for making such a quick update!

Not applicable

I've successfully opened the app and can see the extension and the Google map.  However I cannot see any heat layers.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Not applicable

sdglag94 - Try hitting F5 and seeing if they appear.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

This extension requires a semi-modern browser. Internet Explorer 7 and below wont work.

Not applicable

Sorry, I should have stated that i'm trying in Desktop.  Will the heat layer only show in a browser?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

It will work in Desktop in webview mode.

However when you activate webview in the desktop client QV hooks into the internet explorer API.

So your version of Internet Explorer do matter even for the Desktop client.

Not applicable

Hejsan - I'm having trouble with this one:

1.  I'm unable to edit the properties.  I get an error --- "Unable to get property getAttribute of undefined or null reference".  I'm on IE10

2.  I want to change the heat map to display based on count of businesses (I have a list) in each city.  Assuming I need to resolve #1 above first to do this but I'm probably going to need help

3.  Lastly, and this is a minor thing, whenever I make a select the map returns to original format (doesn't retain the map criteria I selected i.e. satellite).  Can this be fixed and how?

Tackar,

Robert

Not applicable

Hi,

I think I'm missing something obvious, but... when I open the QVW only a blank sheet appears and in the script editor there is only a LOAD fields from a hard-coded file name (C:\QlikTech\Tech\Sample\fartkameror.csv )

It's only me ?