Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacek
Educator-Ambassador
Educator-Ambassador

How to connect with Microsoft Project Online?

Hi,

We are using QVSource, but we didn't find option to define connection with Microsoft Project Online (cloud). Do you have any ideas or knowledge about possibilities of connection QV with this system?

Kind regards,

Jacek

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Jacek,

I can't speak to QVSource's plans, but my employer, CData Software, makes an ODBC Driver for MS Project. You can read more about the driver here: MS Project ODBC Driver

I hope this helps.

Jacek
Educator-Ambassador
Educator-Ambassador
Author

Hi Jerod,

Thank you for reply and helpful link! I'm afraid that ODBC will not connect with cloud solutions (Project Online). I will contact with CData to get more information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jacek,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to check have you managed to connect to Microsoft project cloud ? I have same requirement.

Thanks

Mohamad

Jacek
Educator-Ambassador
Educator-Ambassador
Author

HI Mohamad,

Unfortunately, we have decided wait for official connector for Project Server/Online.

By the way, I got a message from Partner Manager:

“For the time being I will recommend REST connector, check it:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj712612.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj163048.aspx

REST Connector is an extra tool for integration with systems which ones have also this kind of API. It is a way for testing integration with Project Online. If you check above links (from Microsoft) you will find that Project Server has REST API and also it should be avaible for Project Online, but I haven’t found more documentation (only example with connect REST of Project Server)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update about connecting/loading data from Microsoft Project Online in Qlik sense ?

Thanks!