Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Ajax Client's in document : Can Ajax Client be used to to this ...

I apologize if this is submitted to the wrong forum. Please let me know where I should submit it?

I would like to download an html document from an arbitrary source, e.g. IIS server.

The document contains multiple <div />.

Some of the <div /> contain html, javascript and a single <iframe />.

Some of the <iframe> do opendoc to a qvserver access point to download/display a qvw.

It is my understanding each <iframe> will contain its own copy of QvAjax.ds, the Ajax Client.

Can I use javascript outside the <iframe>s to:

a) connect to divA/iframeA's Ajax Client, e.g. to retrieve currect selection information

b) connect to divB/iframeB's Ajax Client, e.g. to modify/set the current selection

If yes ... how do I configure the original document to make the connections and do the communication required by (a) and (b)?

Does it require that I download an Ajax Client, QvAjax.js, at the outer level, i.e. the document from IIS?

Do I have to use Qv.InitWorkBench?

/s/ Daniel

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is an "Integration" forum that harbours such discussions. Maybe you better move it overthere.

Not applicable
Author

I am able to get the Ajax Client running for the outer document which is being generated via Razor in our MVC/ASP.NET application

<head>

<title>@ViewBag.Title</title>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/QvAjax.js")"         type="text/javascript"> </script>

and to verify it is running some debug code

<body>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

if (typeof Qva !== 'undefined') {

window.alert("Qva is not defined>");

} else {

window.alert("Qva is defined");

}

Now to address the <iframe> issues and getting the outer document's Ajax Client to communicate to the qvw opened via OpenDoc in the <iframe>

<iframe src="http://<host>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=<documentOnServer>" width="1500" height="300">

<p> your browser does not support iframes.</p>

</iframe>>

Not applicable
Author

oops ... debug code read

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

if (typeof Qva !== 'undefined') {

window.alert("Qva is defined>");

} else {

window.alert("Qva is not defined");

}