Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adarsh_a
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with Web Page Viewer Extension

Hi all,

I'm using Web page viewer extension available in QlikView. I'm unable to open some of the websites.

Eg. 'google' is not opening in extension but 'bing' is opening. I have attached a snapshot of the error message.

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

why not try the latest extension attached in the url below.

Regards

ASHFAQ

adarsh_a
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for the reply. I tried with the extension you mentioned in the link,but I'm getting the same error with that also.

Web page Viewer.PNG.png

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I tried and even I get the same error.

This is because few websites do not allow the content to be displayed in an IFrame.

may be Google even applied the same policy. Now you cannot access google in the IFrame.

Hope it helped

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable

Web page viewer uses an <iframe> html element to display an url. Some web pages do not allow this.

Google is sending an "X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN" response header. This option prevents the browser from displaying iFrames that are not hosted on the same domain as the parent page.

Check this link for more information on this: The X-Frame-Options response header - HTTP | MDN

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Is there any alternative way for the iframe option like Object in the HTML5. Will it work with webpage viewer?