Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessie_K
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QVW Download Restriction on Server

Hi, I am pretty new for the qlikview 🙂
And I am a developer in S.Korea.

I want someone's help about security part in Server.

I made Several qvw files and uploaded to the server that I work in. And in QMC there is a check/uncheck button for QVW downloading in Document Section. So I Checked it and restricted to Authenticated Users only on listbox. But All files can be downloaded by any users who log in the server.

How can I restrict downloading for few authenticated users? Is there any way to define specific users for downloading qvw?

Thank you.

-Jessie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If there is no anonymous access enabled (usually it's not) all users are authenticated users. This means if you want to restrict the download to certain users you need to change it to Named Users and then specifying each user and/or using user-groups for it.

Beside this are you sure that you really want to give the users access to the qvw's? In regard to security it's rather a risk, for example if the users could access the data-sources in any way or they might change them or they could try to break further security implemented per section access. Therefore in most cases it's best just to enable the AJAX client.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

If there is no anonymous access enabled (usually it's not) all users are authenticated users. This means if you want to restrict the download to certain users you need to change it to Named Users and then specifying each user and/or using user-groups for it.

Beside this are you sure that you really want to give the users access to the qvw's? In regard to security it's rather a risk, for example if the users could access the data-sources in any way or they might change them or they could try to break further security implemented per section access. Therefore in most cases it's best just to enable the AJAX client.

- Marcus

Jessie_K
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Marcus

Your idea really helped me 🙂