Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedriclupo
Partner - Contributor III

QlikView SVG Map Extension

Hello,

i'm trying to get the SVG map extension work (QlikView SVG Map), i downloaded and followed the tutorial on the word file. It's installed and I displayed the container of the map (white page).

I also created an excel file with the ISO 3166-2 codes from ISO 3166-2 State Codes | CommonDataHub and inserted it in qlikview.

What I want is to display the european map with the name of the countries on my document, however, it seems to not recognize my ISO extensions, even after I get doing SubField([ISO 3166-2 Sub-division/State Code],'-',2) as [Regional ISO Code] in the code, which allows me to have the extension for the subdivisions.

Does anyone have any experience on this and the way to treat it?

thanks a lot!!

P.S.:I left the links so it can help people getting further in the development.

P.S.2: i'm not sure if it's the write place to post my question, so don't hesitate to move it to the correct place if needed

TAGS: maps; ISO; extension; country; region;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

if you want to display Euro Countries only, please try to use "Country ISO Char 2 Code" column in your excel, the svg map extension only accept 2 char Country Code.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

if you want to display Euro Countries only, please try to use "Country ISO Char 2 Code" column in your excel, the svg map extension only accept 2 char Country Code.

cedriclupo
Author

Thanks Florian!

Not applicable

Hi Cedric

I'm starting using SVG Map extension.

You said " i downloaded and followed the tutorial on the word file."  I'm unable to get this tutorial word file . Can someone provide the link or the file  ?

Thanks in advance

Not applicable

Not applicable

I was able to get the map extension to work - at lease with a limited amount of data.  Seemed to work great, but, when I reloaded with the full data set, the map became unstable.  I have two tabs, both using the map, but with different calculations on each.  When I switch between the tabs, sometimes the map populates with the data and sometimes it doesn't.  I think it may be that it is too slow, and it takes a while for the data to populate.  Not sure.  Has anyone else experienced this?