Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlikview Extension Limitation

Hi all,

i have a question regarding building Qlikview Extension....

There are some limitations in using external libraries?

For instance in one our internal project we would like to use the Angular JS libraries for building a nice extension.

Is Angular JS supported for that purpose?

I have seen the most Qlikview extensions using JQuery as external libraries.

Many thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Patric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It seems like QlikView use 1.x versions of jQuery. According to AngularJS's FAQ their are not guaranteed to be compatible - you will need to have jQuery 2.1 or later for that:

Does Angular use the jQuery library?

Yes, Angular can use jQuery if it's present in your app when the application is being bootstrapped. If jQuery is not present in your script path, Angular falls back to its own implementation of the subset of jQuery that we call jQLite.

Angular 1.3 only supports jQuery 2.1 or above. jQuery 1.7 and newer might work correctly with Angular but we don't guarantee that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
inoruoya
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks for your question i 'm waiting for that information.

cuz i have problem in extension with open in server.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It seems like QlikView use 1.x versions of jQuery. According to AngularJS's FAQ their are not guaranteed to be compatible - you will need to have jQuery 2.1 or later for that:

Does Angular use the jQuery library?

Yes, Angular can use jQuery if it's present in your app when the application is being bootstrapped. If jQuery is not present in your script path, Angular falls back to its own implementation of the subset of jQuery that we call jQLite.

Angular 1.3 only supports jQuery 2.1 or above. jQuery 1.7 and newer might work correctly with Angular but we don't guarantee that.

knightriderx3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Peter,

Can you please highlight if QlikView 12.0 or QlikView 12.1 has support for building extensions in angular 2? Can we have the extension's DOM and in turn the entire sheet's DOM manipulated/consumed from the angular extension?

Best Regards,

K