Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Gauge w/ Overlapping Ring or Angle Span 360+

I've been trying to use the Qlikview gauge to create something similar to the Apple Watch activity ring.  I'm using a QV gauge to show our progress towards a savings target and after achieving the target I'd like the ring to continue passed the starting point to show we are overachieving.  Is this possible today or does it require an extension?

05fig04.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe another solution could be to use a scatter chart, some valueloop-dimension and a background colour expression for the gradient:

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic5.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic6.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Maybe using two gauges with same position, top one transparent starting at Expression - Limit

PFA an raw example

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Similar idea, two gauges, one transparent with needle with mod() sitting on top of one with fill to that doesn't have mod().

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

@JohnW, its good so see you around here again.

I´m a big fan of your work

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Aww, geez. <blush> I'm glad to be back, and it's nice to see you again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@cleveranjos @johnw,  I like both of these a lot and I'm going to sit down and see what I can do with them.  Thanks! 

Are gradients just overlays?  I noticed applying a gradient to a 360 degree angle span gauge doesnt fade from 0 to 100 but it appears to just overlay the entire gauge based on direction.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Looks like they are just overlays rather than gradients around the arc. So I faked my own gradient with lots of segments. It's not quite working, though, as it fails at the target. Maybe someone can think of a way around that.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe another solution could be to use a scatter chart, some valueloop-dimension and a background colour expression for the gradient:

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic5.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_207085_Pic6.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

johnw
Champion III
Champion III