Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_schell
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Server v10.00.8715.5 running on Windows Server 2012/2016 ? | Release Notes?

We are actually running Qlikview Server Version 10.00.8715.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Now we have to upgrade to Windows Server 2012 or 2016.

Are there Release Notes for our Version for Windows Server 2012 or 2016, or does this Version not run on these Server versions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

in general, you can update and script will work.

There was an upgrade wizard from 10 to 11 because standard folders have been changed.

Maybe you update first from 10 to 11 and after that to 12.

be sure that your maintenance date in LEF is in future (update license) or it won't work.

Regards

View solution in original post

11 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I did not tested but I think it won't work.

In QlikView 11 there are separate install files for Windows Server 2008 and 2012.

What's the reason not to upgrade to new version?

Regards

qlik_schell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, we will now install Version 12.30.20300 SR3 on our development System and try to go with that newer Version.

Hopefully the "old" Dashboards will also work with that Version.

We'll see! 🙂

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

in general, you can update and script will work.

There was an upgrade wizard from 10 to 11 because standard folders have been changed.

Maybe you update first from 10 to 11 and after that to 12.

be sure that your maintenance date in LEF is in future (update license) or it won't work.

Regards

qlik_schell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Where can I get latest Version 11? I only find Version 12 in download section.

Not sure, if that one is correct:

How to download Qlikview Version 11 SR 11 ?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would highly suggest you consider having a partner or our consultants assist you with things to ensure everything goes smoothly on this one give you will be upgrading across multiple major releases.  I suspect you may potentially need some app modifications as well at this point due to product changes...  If you do this on your own, be sure you thoroughly test as you go, and it is critical you keep a good copy of the QVPR from the old version as you go up just in case something happens along the way and you need to try update again.  Best guidance I can give you on this one.

11.20 Version.png

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One other key point, be sure to check your License Enabler File (LEF) and check the ProductLevel date to ensure it is current for the release to which you wish to update....

LEF.png

That date must be on or after the release date of the version to which you plan to upgrade.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
qlik_schell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks so much for that Support!

So, I just generated a new .lef-file to check, as actual date in .lef file shown in QlikView Management is in the past.

In new generated .lef file, Date is now in 2020, but productlevel is of course still on '10'.

Is this fine, and will this Change/update, as soon Server is upgraded to v11 ? Or do I have to get a new license key?

Thanks again for your Support!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Harald, it sounds like you are all set to upgrade to whatever release you want with the date in your product level being next year.  If the LEF is showing expired in the QMC, try clicking the Update License from Server button in the QVS license area in QMC, if the server has access to the internet, it should be able to update the LEF automatically for you.  If that does not work, we'll need to get the 'manual' LEF and you can then copy/paste that into the license area, but I think you need to use the Apply license button then, and I think you will need your control number again too.  

Found an Article link that may be helpful here:

Manual LEF update 

Let me know if that helps or leaves you with more questions! 🙂

Regards,
Brett

qlik_schell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Might be a dumb question, but: Can I update already on one (test) Server to newer Version, and Keep actual productive used Server up/online and used with same license? Or anything to consider here?