Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_schell
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Server v10.00.8715.5 running on Windows Server 2012/2016 ? | Release Notes?

We are actually running Qlikview Server Version 10.00.8715.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Now we have to upgrade to Windows Server 2012 or 2016.

Are there Release Notes for our Version for Windows Server 2012 or 2016, or does this Version not run on these Server versions?

11 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Harald, you cannot use the same QVServer license to run multiple environments, it will cause one of the environments to go down and not run until the other environment is shutdown etc., as there are license checks to determine if that license is being used elsewhere etc.  You would need a separate 'test' license or something in order to be able to run parallel etc.  I would suggest you get up with your account manager to discuss options with them at this point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
qlik_schell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, I assumed that license is limited to one host/Server.

But thanks for clarifying on this!