Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesBrady
Contributor
Contributor

Request for your recommendation on how to integrate Business Objects 4.1 (BO) Universe data with Qli

This is a request for your recommendation on how to integrate Business Objects 4.1 (BO) Universe data with QlikView.

We have both Business Object and QlikView being used for reporting. We want our QlikView application to connect to a BO universe and display the data that is retrieved from the universe.

The data retrieved is confidential and user specific. So when a user is in QlikView viewing the data from the BO Universe, they must only see the data that they would see if they had accessed the data directly from the BO Universe.

What is the best way for us to implement this integration. 

Thank you for your help

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Jamie, I would suggest starting with the following Design Blog post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

There are some additional links to other related posts at the bottom on this one too, just FYI, be sure you look those over as well.  There are likely some other options as well, but this would be the one most folks would use to restrict things.  If you have a Publisher license, Dynamic Reduce/Distribute would be another method potentially.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
JamesBrady
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Brett,

Thank you for the information. I'll look into it and get back to you with what i find.

I appreciate your help.