Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sending Qlikview straight table to MS sql database using macro

Hi

i have similar tables, in QlikView straight table and table in MS SQL database. These tables have the same structure and also match the data types. I need every month to add the last month's data from this Qlikview table to the SQL database table.

So far, I have copied the table to Excel and sent it to the database using the VBA procedure. Can I do this directly from Qlikview using the appropriate macro.

Riho

tabelid.jpg

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI @riho92qv,

You're looking to "write back" to the database from QVW using QlikView Desktop?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

Not quite back, because the data that is written to the database comes from different data sources, not just the database where I want to write it. Qlikview aggregates data from different data sources and processes them. I really want to write the result to a database so that it can be conveniently used in applications other than Qlikview.

Riho

riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

unfortunately, as I did not receive an answer to my question, I still had to find it myself. After long experiments, I found a suitable solution for myself. Maybe it's not the most elegant, but it works. In addition to the macro in Qlikview, I used the SQL stored procedure. Unfortunately, my solution can only use integers.

picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg