Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalmanu
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Triggering the QV tasks on successful completion of BW process chains

Hello Everyone,

Please find the attached document. I have successfully passed the first three steps. I am blocked at the fourth step for the moment

For the Step 4, As mentioned in the document 

Step 4: Create an RFC server in the Publisher machine

Step A  

·         Make sure you have the file srvany.exe located in the publisher machine in the following route:

<..\Windows\System32>

srvany.exe is a Microsoft executable which runs simple .exe files as services.

->> I have installed the SrvAny.exe and placed it under the folder System32

Step B  

·         In the Publisher machine, start a CMD session with following command

sc create QVrfcexec binpath= c:\windows\system32\srvany.exe

This command will create a service in the Windows Server Manager.

->> I have successfully created two services by executing the above command with the names QVrfcexec & QVrfcexec1

Step C

·         In the Publisher machine, start regedit.

Lookup the following registry route: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\QVrfcexec\Parameters

Maintain the Application parameter:

D:\\Install\\Rfc_win\\nwrfcsdk\\lib\\rfcexec.exe -a PUBLISHER -g <YourSAPBWHostGatewayName> -x

<YourSAPBWGatewaySerivceName> -f D:\\Install\\Rfc_win\\nwrfcsdk\\lib\\rfcexec.sec

-->>In order to proceed with the above step , I did not find the Parameters folder under the services in the regedit

We have created a Service named QVrfcexec but when we go on Regedit menu we can't find any Parameter subfolder for this dedicated service and we can't go ahead for the installation  

Could anyone please help us to overcome this situation and help us in knowing how the parameters are created for the services under Regedit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Vishnu T

Attachments area

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend you look at the following links for avenues that should be much easier than what you are attempting to do:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_SupportingTa...

On the latter, use the File Exists link on the right side to jump to the area regarding this feature, if the BW instance can write a file out that we can check if exists, that too could be used as the trigger, but do not forget to do a subsequent task that deletes the file, or the task will keep triggering, you have to delete the file once the trigger is tripped...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend you look at the following links for avenues that should be much easier than what you are attempting to do:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_SupportingTa...

On the latter, use the File Exists link on the right side to jump to the area regarding this feature, if the BW instance can write a file out that we can check if exists, that too could be used as the trigger, but do not forget to do a subsequent task that deletes the file, or the task will keep triggering, you have to delete the file once the trigger is tripped...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.