Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

WebView Bug in QV10 64bit

I confirmed yesterday that QV10 64bit does not allow you to open webview mode .  QA has confirmed this as a bug.This of course prevents user to add extensions  (in my case amMAP )    . I did confirm that the QV 10 32bit version does work so this maybe the workaround of choice. However has anybody

have  manual workaround  to add any  extension to the 64bit version    Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

The 64 bit WebView issue has been assigned BugID 39283. It does seem to not always affect every machine (which is probably why Ralf is seeing it work in his comment above). I don't have anymore information like when we will see a fix, but you can always use the bug id to contact support to get the most current status.

It is also true that WebView does not work with IE 9 (BugID 37003). That should be addressed in QV10 SR3.

Lastly, Flash is not at present supported in 64bit, but this issue is outside the scope of QlikView.

Just wanted to keep everyone posted in case any of these present potential issues.

-Dan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi, webview works fine in QV10 SR2. Of course except Flash based extensions (like amMap) because there is no Flash for 64bit...

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
s_uhlig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mike,

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/ is still worth a try. Works for me.

Sven

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf ;

Actually the real problem was that Webview wasn't working at all  so I couldn't see any extensions but your point about the flash object only working in 32 bit environment was also relevant. I did however come across another thread that hinted I should be using windows explorer 8 rather than 9 to solve the first problem.  For now I will pursue my mapping project with QV 10 32bit version and explorer 8   Thanks   Mike

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

The 64 bit WebView issue has been assigned BugID 39283. It does seem to not always affect every machine (which is probably why Ralf is seeing it work in his comment above). I don't have anymore information like when we will see a fix, but you can always use the bug id to contact support to get the most current status.

It is also true that WebView does not work with IE 9 (BugID 37003). That should be addressed in QV10 SR3.

Lastly, Flash is not at present supported in 64bit, but this issue is outside the scope of QlikView.

Just wanted to keep everyone posted in case any of these present potential issues.

-Dan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

Currently Im using a beta release of Flash 64 bits and it has worked fine so far, in case someone wants to try it.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I'm also using in 64bit machine and its work fine