Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where are Presentation Images Kept?

I am trying to use an image for a background in a text box, however the only image visible to select is the QV image.  Where are these images stored so I can grab the.  This is tied to a dimension as well, so it has to be visible in this library.

See attached image

I am using Version 11.20 64bit Windows Machine

Thanks,

Brian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Using the Ajax dialog, it looks like the only images available are those that were already added. Switch out of webview mode and use the classic dialog. Then you can add images from the filesystem.

The above should work unless you are working on the server...

-Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Using the Ajax dialog, it looks like the only images available are those that were already added. Switch out of webview mode and use the classic dialog. Then you can add images from the filesystem.

The above should work unless you are working on the server...

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I need to accomplish this both on the server and in web view not classic dialog.

Any other suggestions?

~Brian

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Those images are stored in the QVW. Can you "pre-add" them to dummy text boxes using the classic dialog so they'll be available?

Or BUNDLE INFO load them and then specify them as foreground instead of background images.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Adding them to text objects in classic dialog and then switching back to web view was unsuccessful.

I was able to bundle load the image directories, however they are still unavailable in Web View Presentation options, still just the Qlikview logo.

I do not see a way to adjust foreground or background, where can you specify that?

Thanks,

Brian

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can reference an image in the foreground by using  the qmem: syntax as the Text, and set representation to Image.

For example, if your Bundle Info Load looks like this:

name, val

test, C:\Users\Rob\Pictures\logo\LineHat\linehat.jpg

The syntax to use that image in a text box would be:

qmem://name/test

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I can make that syntax work in classic dialog, but not the Web version, so it still does not solve the issue.

Thanks,

'Brian

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It works fine for me in WebView.

2014-08-20_12-47-34.png

2014-08-20_12-47-54.png

Not applicable
Author

imagequestion.jpgRob,

I see how that allows you to adjust the image reference via the text box, and it does work from that perspective, but I need to call it from the ?inherited? images in the document, like in my first image.  I am trying to make this work with any object in Web View, assuming that the ability to do so should translate to my need to do so with an extension.  Referencing the location of those images that are referenced, as in my first image is what I need.  In that dialog box there is an image of QV but I need to call additional images, not just the QV logo.  I did the bundle load and it did work, a new learning for me, but it did not add it to the documents default images in this dialog call.  I will attach another image.  I am guessing I may find its impossible, but why have a dialog box that allows you to insert an image, and the only populating image is a QV logo, wouldn't make much sense, hoping to find a solution still.

Thanks for you help!

Brian

Not applicable
Author

Rob,

Apparently it is not possible, Your suggestions were helpful and ultimately taught me something new, so much appreciated!

Brian