Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nada
Contributor II
Contributor II

store Sync into QVD

hallo everyone ,

i have this lines in the script and i didn't understand whats is work for ?!

and when i run the script it's give me this error

''Unknown Error
store Sync into QVD_GEN_IBA_SQLITE.qvw.sync (txt)''

thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I suggest to look into the batch to comprehend what's the aim of it and further looking to all the paths if there are any files created before. Just from what I had seen here I have some doubts that these script do work - maybe it were just some trials for anything and forgotten to remove them again.

If you couldn't be sure in the end you shouldn't delete it else commenting in by adding some explanations from you for later and for other users.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

It means someone wanted to store the table Sync into a text-file. Why you get the unknown error could have many reasons - missing access rights, locked file, others ... You may just just comment this statement to see if the script now runs and/or changing the path or similar measures to see what happens. Before that you may also consider to restart your machine - which means not to search for any temporary stuff.

- Marcus

Nada
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you Marcus for  the replay, i think that the problem is with the extiontion of this file 'QVD_GEN_IBA_SQLITE.qvw.sync ' so i changed to 'QVD_GEN_IBA_SQLITE.qvw.vbs' and every thing work normally now   

marcus_sommer

I did assume that the specified extension isn't important and you could set everything you like and the file-format is set through the (txt); But there may exists a (Qlik or OS) list which file-extensions are allowed.

Your applied vbs means that the OS treated the file as an executable batch-file - is this intended?

- Marcus 

Nada
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanx for the replay , actually  i had a huge dashboard and this is the last page in the script it is the exit page , and everything it is working normally but here i get the error

// Create a sync file

// let syncCmd = 'cscript "E: \ QlikView \ 01_Produktiv \ 05_Geplante Tasks \ synchronize.vbs" "finish" ""' & DocumentName () & '"';

// EXECUTE $ (syncCmd);

// Create a new syncfile

Sync:

LOAD * INLINE

[ Data 1 ];

DIRECTORY .. \ .. \ 05_Planned Tasks \ syncFolder;

let syncFile = DocumentName () & '. sync';

store Sync into $ (syncFile) (txt);

drop table sync;

EXIT SCRIPT;

marcus_sommer

Did it work before? If yes, what had changed - different user/machine/application/releases/folder/files ... ?

With commenting lines in/out you will see quite fast what worked and where it breaks. Helpful is further to add some TRACE statements, for example to see the variable-content more clearly and you may also add some extra measures like: filetime('$var)') to check if the path is valid and the files are existing.

Further useful is sometime to replace some statements/measures with simple ones - means not calling a complex batch else just opening the calc.exe to check if a batch is general executed.

- Marcus

Nada
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

i don't know i am new in this work , but i found the file in this path , and the hole dashboard work good and the all data is correct , and i am not sure can i erase this line and solved the problem ?

marcus_sommer

I suggest to look into the batch to comprehend what's the aim of it and further looking to all the paths if there are any files created before. Just from what I had seen here I have some doubts that these script do work - maybe it were just some trials for anything and forgotten to remove them again.

If you couldn't be sure in the end you shouldn't delete it else commenting in by adding some explanations from you for later and for other users.

- Marcus

Nada
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you for the replay that was very helpful